RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] basic questions....

Hello,

Le jeu 11/12/2003 à 20:10, bruce a écrit :
> Damien,
>
> Thanks for getting back to us. It appears that you're one of the principal
> developers of the GnomeMeeting application. WebEx provides a comprehensive
> application that allows the user to hold a web conference with others via
> the internet. The following features are possible:
> 	Voice communication between multiple users during the conference

That's possible with GnomeMeeting if you are using a MCU.

> 	Collaborative Whiteborad during the conference

Not possible with GnomeMeeting.

> 	Scheduling of meetings between users

Not possible with GnomeMeeting.

> 	Text/IM Messaging as well

More or less possible with GnomeMeeting.

> 	Server App runs on Linux
> 	Client Apps run over Linux/Windows
>
> Basically, we are looking for an app that we can use as our conferencing
> application. We would like for it to be run on our internal server, for it
> to be scalable, handling multiple conferences with multiple people for each
> conference... Ideally, it should use a client application to allow each
> person to participate in conferences via the server in a secure manner.

GnomeMeeting could be the client, but certainly not the server. In order
to have several participants at the same time, you require a MCU, to
which GnomeMeeting can connect. There is OpenMCU, which is Open Source,
but it is not always very stable when video is involved.