Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting stops videograbbing

Le lun 01/12/2003 à 14:53, info a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> here is a such problem.
>
> I have 2 linux boxes - desktop box with 512M and notebook with
> 256 M. Linux installation on the both boxes is the same - I
> made a full copy from desktop box to notebook (and then correct
> some some machine-specific parameters, of course). Vebcameras
> are the same - Creative Web Pro ex.
>
> On the "big" 512M box gnomemeeting works fine. But when I start
> it on notebook... The first minute there are no problems -
> gnomemeeting works correctly, it show video and can to
> connect... But 1-2-3 vinutes later videograbbing stops,
> gnomemeeting shows the last grabbed image. Other functions
> works correctly.
>
> First time I thought that such problem caused because of memory
> difference (512M and 256 M), but today I temporary increase
> notebooks' memory up to 512M, but it takes no effect.
>
> Of course, videomemory is different too: desktop equipped with
> GeForce 2 MX with quite big memory (64M or more, I forgot...),
> notebook have SiSM650 with 32M. As your understand, monitors
> are diffetent: ViewSonic G90f+ 1600x1024 on desktop and
> flatpanel on notebook. I try to reduce vidememory usage by
> setting lower colour depth in notebook (up to 8 bit), but it
> takes no effect too.
>
> The same problem with stopping videograbbing detected in
> Camorama too, when I start it on notebook. It forces me to
> think that problem is somewhere in soft used both by camorama
> and gnomemeeting.

Perhaps it is your videodriver... Have you tried with a different
camera? You could also check the debug output of level 3 to see if you
get errors. Also check the kernel messages.

If both camomarama and gnomemeeting have the same problem, I think it is
99% a video driver problem.

> Xawtv works on notebook without any problem.
>
> By the way, in this situation I can't cancel gnomemeeting when
> it minimized in the tray; camorama cancelled only by xkill.
>
> Best regards,
>
> George

> The original message was received at Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:56:02 +0300
> from root localhost

> <dsandras_at_seconix com sh lc>
>     (reason: 550 Host unknown)

> 550 5.1.2 <dsandras_at_seconix com sh lc>... Host unknown (Name server: sh.lc: host not found)

> Reporting-MTA: dns; gw
> Arrival-Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:56:02 +0300
>
> Final-Recipient: RFC822; dsandras_at_seconix com sh lc
> Action: failed
> Remote-MTA: DNS; sh.lc
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Host unknown
> Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:56:45 +0300

> From: Info <arling sniip ru>
> To: dsandras_at_seconix com sh lc
> Subject: Gnomemeeting stops videograbbing
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:53:36 +0300
>
> Hello,
>
> here is a such problem.
>
> I hsve 2 linux boxes - desktop box with 512M and notebook with
> 256 M. Linux installation on the both boxes is the same - I
> made a full copy from desktop box to notebook (and then correct
> some some machine-specific parameters, of course). Vebcameras
> are the same - Creative Web Pro ex.
>
> On the "big" 512M box gnomemeeting works fine. But when I start
> it on notebook... The first minute there are no problems -
> gnomemeeting works correctly, it show video and can to
> connect... But 1-2-3 vinutes later, when free physical memory
> became about 10 M, videograbbing stops, gnomemeeting shows the
> last grabbed image. Other functions works correctly.
>
> By the way, in this situation I can't cancel gnomemeeting when
> it minimized in the tray...
>
> Best regards,
>
> George
(o-