[GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting stops videograbbing

Hello,

here is a such problem.

I have 2 linux boxes - desktop box with 512M and notebook with
256 M. Linux installation on the both boxes is the same - I
made a full copy from desktop box to notebook (and then correct
some some machine-specific parameters, of course). Vebcameras
are the same - Creative Web Pro ex.

On the "big" 512M box gnomemeeting works fine. But when I start
it on notebook... The first minute there are no problems -
gnomemeeting works correctly, it show video and can to
connect... But 1-2-3 vinutes later videograbbing stops,
gnomemeeting shows the last grabbed image. Other functions
works correctly.

First time I thought that such problem caused because of memory
difference (512M and 256 M), but today I temporary increase
notebooks' memory up to 512M, but it takes no effect.

Of course, videomemory is different too: desktop equipped with
GeForce 2 MX with quite big memory (64M or more, I forgot...),
notebook have SiSM650 with 32M. As your understand, monitors
are diffetent: ViewSonic G90f+ 1600x1024 on desktop and
flatpanel on notebook. I try to reduce vidememory usage by
setting lower colour depth in notebook (up to 8 bit), but it
takes no effect too.

The same problem with stopping videograbbing detected in
Camorama too, when I start it on notebook. It forces me to
think that problem is somewhere in soft used both by camorama
and gnomemeeting.

Xawtv works on notebook without any problem.

By the way, in this situation I can't cancel gnomemeeting when
it minimized in the tray; camorama cancelled only by xkill.

Best regards,

George

The original message was received at Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:56:02 +0300
from root localhost

<dsandras_at_seconix com sh lc>
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)

550 5.1.2 <dsandras_at_seconix com sh lc>... Host unknown (Name server: sh.lc: host not found)
Reporting-MTA: dns; gw
Arrival-Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:56:02 +0300

Final-Recipient: RFC822; dsandras_at_seconix.com@sh.lc
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; sh.lc
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Host unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:56:45 +0300
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

here is a such problem.

I hsve 2 linux boxes - desktop box with 512M and notebook with
256 M. Linux installation on the both boxes is the same - I
made a full copy from desktop box to notebook (and then correct
some some machine-specific parameters, of course). Vebcameras
are the same - Creative Web Pro ex.

On the "big" 512M box gnomemeeting works fine. But when I start
it on notebook... The first minute there are no problems -
gnomemeeting works correctly, it show video and can to
connect... But 1-2-3 vinutes later, when free physical memory
became about 10 M, videograbbing stops, gnomemeeting shows the
last grabbed image. Other functions works correctly.

By the way, in this situation I can't cancel gnomemeeting when
it minimized in the tray...

Best regards,

George

--- End Message ---