Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Quickcam USB very weird problem

Hi Kilian !
I'm very glad to tell you that the video under Gnome Meeting runs after type "modprobe snd-pcm-oss" ! So, I think I will put snd-pcm-oss in /etc/modules.autoload or test your second solution.

Weirdly, under Vanity, I've got the same green picture. Logically, if the output on GnomeMeeting is OK and not OK on Vaninty, it's surely because *in* Vanity program, there is a bug, no ? But it's not important because I'm not using this program. However, maybe I should report the bug on the bugzilla's Vanity.

Thanks you, thanks you, thanks you very much Kilian :)

Hi Ben,

But, under linux, when I run Gnome Meeting 0.96, I've got this error message : "GnomeMeeting can't be used without audio devices. Please install a soundcard or a Quicknet card.". And with Gnome Meeting 0.98, "No usable audio devices detected. GnomeMeeting didn't find any usable sound devices. You need to install and setup a soundcard or a Quicknet card in order to be able to use GnomeMeeting. Please check your driver settings and permission".

this one is pretty easy regarding your loaded modules:

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
snd-mixer-oss          13880   1  (autoclean)
snd-via82xx            12300   2
snd-ac97-codec         37632   0  [snd-via82xx]
snd-pcm                62304   1  [snd-via82xx]
snd-page-alloc          5276   0  [snd-via82xx snd-pcm]
snd-timer              14888   0  [snd-pcm]
snd-mpu401-uart         3472   0  [snd-via82xx]
snd-rawmidi            13920   0  [snd-mpu401-uart]
snd-seq-device          4432   0  [snd-rawmidi]
snd 31460 0 [snd-mixer-oss snd-via82xx snd-ac97-codec snd-pcm snd-timer snd-mpu401-uart snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device]
soundcore               3908   1  [snd]
nls_cp437               4348   1  (autoclean)
nls_iso8859-1           2844   2  (autoclean)
vfat                   10860   1
fat                    32696   0  [vfat]
nvidia               1542016  10
mod_quickcam           42096   0
ntfs                   54336   1
3c59x                  27728   1

You don't have any oss-emu loaded and the current pwlib doesn't support
native ALSA. You have 2 choices:
1.) http://snapshots.seconix.com/source -> grab our new plugins which
include a native ALSA support for pwlib
2.) load snd-pcm-oss which should give you the oss-emu to get your
installed pwlib and GM to recognize audio.

for the video i can't tell much, but this looks like a very ancient bug
we had. which version of pwlib do you have installed?