Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting + soundhardware :(

Le ven 15/08/2003 à 23:52, Tom Hummel a écrit :
> Hi guys
hi Tom,

> i hope u can help me with my gnomemeeting problem, so i can keep contact
> with my girlfriend ;)
>
> The trigger for writing this, was a point in your FAQ
> [snip]
> 3.4. Can I ask questions about soundcard or webcam configuration to the
> GnomeMeeting mailing-list?
>
> The configuration of soundcards and webcams is related to your
> distribution vendor, or to the respective mailing lists of the drivers
> you are using. However, if your soundcard or webcam works well with all
> applications except GnomeMeeting, you are welcome to mail us.
> [/snip]
>
> and that's it.
> I'm using a soundblaster audigy, with a selfcompiled alsa, on a debian
> sid, soundcard works well with every other application i'm using, but
> Gnomemeeting reports an error at startup and terminates.
> [snip]
> GnomeMeeting can't be used without any audiohardware. Please install a
> sound or quicknet device
> [snip]
> (freely transplated from german;))

the first thing i am thinking of by reading this is:
do you have an empty /dev/sound/ dir ?
if yes GM thinks you use devfs and searches for audio devices in
/dev/sound/ even if they are in /dev.
then second if you don't have this empty dir, try to check the
permissions on audio devices for the user you want to use GM.

> hope u guys can help me
>
> greetings
>
> tom
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Alphonso
Translation Maintainer - GnomeMeeting Team