[GnomeMeeting-list] pwlib install: configure or Makefile bug?

Hi,

I try to install pwlib with the following commands:

# ./configure --prefix=/work/usr
# make optshared
# make install

But make install fails with the following error:

# make install
chmod a+r lib/*so*
cp -df lib/*so* /work/usr//lib/
cp: copying multiple files, but last argument `/work/usr//lib/' is not a
directory
Try `cp --help' for more information.
make: *** [install] Error 1

I clearly see what the problem is, but how can I get configure to give me
a good Makefile in the first place? I have a RedHat 7.1 distro with make
3.79, autoconf 2.13, automake 1.4.

Reading throught the CVS log, the trailing / after PREFIX should have been
removed... I tried and it did not solve the problem.

Thanks
Martin