[GnomeMeeting-list] Sound is jittery and repeating

When I run the druid, I get the sound coming 5 seconds later, and then again
another 5 seconds later but louder and again and so on.

I can connect to friends, but same sort of thing.  We each get only
intermittent voice and some repeating.

I can record using rec and play the recorded sounds using play except that the
playback is much faster than the recording.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David.

I'm running SuSE 8.2 with GnomeMeeting 0.98, pwlib 1.5, openh323 1.12 on a
Dell Insprion 8200 notebook which has an Intel sound card using the built in
mic and a pair of normal audio (Hi-Fi) headphones.

Here are some outputs from /proc

> cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 0.9.0rc7.
Compiled on Jul 11 2003 for kernel 2.4.20-4GB.

> cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [82801CAICH3    ]: ICH - Intel 82801CA-ICH3
                     Intel 82801CA-ICH3 at 0xd800, irq 11

> cat /proc/asound/card0/ac97#0
0-0/0: Cirrus Logic CS4205 rev 3

Capabilities     : -dedicated MIC PCM IN channel- -bass & treble- -simulated
stereo- -loudness-
DAC resolution   : 20-bit
ADC resolution   : 18-bit
3D enhancement   : SRS 3D Stereo Enhancement

Current setup
Mic gain         : +0dB [+0dB]
POP path         : pre 3D
Sim. stereo      : off
3D enhancement   : off
Loudness         : off
Mono output      : MIX
Mic select       : Mic1
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Extended ID      : codec=0 rev=0 AMAP DSA=0 VRM VRA
Extended status  : MADC VRM VRA
PCM front DAC    : 8000Hz
PCM ADC          : 8000Hz
PCM MIC ADC      : 8000Hz
SPDIF Control    : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x2 Generation=1 Rate=48kHz

> cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/info
card: 0
device: 0
subdevice: 0