Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] can't connect to NetMeeting user why?

Hi Klaas,

> I am new to GnomeMeeting actually new to Linux as well. I installed
> GnomeMeeting without problem and the person I want to speak to uses
> NetMeeting. We are both registered to ils.seconix.com and can see each
> other on the server. If she tries to establish a connection no popup
> appears and she has the status to wait for my reply. If I start to
> connect to her I get the error:
> "remote user is not running gnomeMeeting"

this one sounds like a firewall problem. most probably both of you are
either firewalled, NATed (running internet via IP masquerading) or both.

Please make sure to read the FAQ on www.gnomemeeting.org on those issues
and check the ML-archive of this ML for further details on possible
setups..
there's another hint with NM: use the instcodec.exe from our website to
enable low-bandwidth traffic.. (but this one applies only AFTER you get
a connection *gg*)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian