Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Duplex Problem

On 23 Apr 2003 11:22:16 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> If I remember correctly, I had tried the i810 OSS driver on a laptop and
> there were full-duplex problems...

I already solved my full-duplex problem with my Nforce chipset.  I first tried upgrading to the latest audio driver from Nvidia but it was still not working.  After the upgrade the Gnomemeeting wizard no longer complains that writing to /dev/dsp is not possible (during playback) but I could not hear audio playback.

I downloaded and compiled the Alsa drivers and that worked perfectly.  I have already tried Gnomemeeting online and it works.

I guess the audio driver from Nvidia was from OSS.

Thank you for all the help.

Holden