Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound Problem, Suse 8.1 with Alsa, Laptop and so on

:-)) i dont know why, but setting all (!!) volume levels to max worked....

I set Line in, Igain, CD Audio etc to max, now i can here the recorded file

thank you very much !!!!!!!!!! and sorry that it was such an "easy to solve" problem, i really thought the level for the mic is the only one i need for the mic :-)

I tried it with my friend (netmeeting) and everything is ok !!!!

cheers mate
Sigi

Damien Sandras wrote:

Have you tested the microphone under M$ ?

Something that could help:
- on starting and stoping, alsactl stores the different volumes of the
different devices in a config file. The name and the place of that
config file changes from distribution to distribution, but perhaps you
could have a look at it.
- make sure all the volume levels are at the maximum (GM should put them
to the maximum, but who knows).

When you find the solution, please contribute it back here. I can also
suggest you to subscribe to the ALSA users mailing list.