[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: multiple conference calls

Hello,

Le jeu 10/04/2003 à 09:28, Dian Rini a écrit :
> Hello Damien Sandras ..
> I am a magister student of gadjah mada university. My
> major is computer science. I have a problem with my
> research. I have used gnomemeeting in local area
> network (LAN).
> This is my problem.
> I install gnomemeeting at 4 computer in LAN with rpm
> in RedHat 7.3. LAN consist of  1 server and 3 client.
> I want to try multiple conference call in this LAN.
> Server calls all 3 clients. So in the servers desktop
> there is 3 aplications of  gnomemeeting. But, when
> the server said something, only the client that called
> at the first time can hear, others cant hear
> anything.

First of all what do you call server? OpenMCU?
I suggest you to check that audio channels are started and if they are
started make sure that your sound card is full duplex. GnomeMeeting 0.96
has a configuration druid that permits you to test full-duplexity.

> would you mind explaining this problem? What is the
> solution?

You have to give more information and to do more tests. Do GM to GM
calls work or not?
First try to determine if the problem is on GM side (configuration
problem?), or only when you use the server.

> Can I make all of clients only says with server but
> server can say with all of them?

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean here. If you mean that all
clients send audio data to the server, and that the server sends the
audio data back to all clients, then it is the way openmcu works, yes.