Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] [NEWBIE] GNOME versus Microsoft ActiveX Control and JavaBean

Em Qui, 2002-09-26 às 21:29, Christian Rose escreveu:
> tor 2002-09-26 klockan 19.50 skrev Fernando Alencar Maróstica:
> > I bought AXIS Network Camera 2100 that offers
> > crisp, quality images and streaming video from
> > anywhere on your network.
> >
> > With a built-in high performance Linux and
> > Webserver, no PC is required. The network
> > camera can operate as a standalone or be
> > placed wherever there is a LAN or Internet
> > connection, or an available modem.
> >
> > See AXIS Communications:
> > http://www.axis.com/products/cam_2100/index.htm
> >
> > But, this Software is PROPIETARY and only running
> > in Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME or NT/2000.
>
> Just to be clear about this: Only the ACE software is proprietary. ACE
Yes, only ACE and ActiveX (AxisCamControl.ocx) is proprietary.

> is additional software that you can buy with the main benefit of being
> able to display several camera feeds in one single window. But if you
I need this, several cameras feeds in on single window, my system
have 16 cameras Connected to Switch, but i do not want to use ACE
Windows Sofware Proprietary or ActiveX for this!

> can live without that, and live with having one camera feed in each
> browser window, you can use any browser you want and don't need any
> additional software. In addition to that, the software that powers the
> camera is free software and can be downloaded from
> http://developer.axis.com/.
:-)
Yes, AXIS Network Camera work with any browser, but i need 16 cameras
feeds in on single window and controllers this cameras.

> Just wanted to make this clear, since I got the impression from your
> mail that the proprietary ACE is required, which isn't true.
sorry, ACE dont is proprietary e not is required for Axis Network
Camera, but required for my system work and i dont want use this!

I think in AxisCamControl.ocx hacking and create a new Widget for GNOME.

What you think about this?