[GnomeMeeting-list] BIG TIP

After much mucking about I have succesfully gotten ILS and NEtmeeting GM to all cooperate.

Some tips....

Tip #1 version 94 GM is definate help to the NAT/Firewall issues, upgrade :-)

Tip#2 Not all cameras are the same and there seems to be a coralation of camera view size to wether or not you get both remote video and local video, I had 2 Logitech 3000 and 1 Intel camera in my test cluster.

I hooked 1 Logitech to Linux under mandrake 9 & 8.2 and not a hitch, and I had the option of two sizes of video, but the intel I hooked up under XP only gave one option for size and that was medium. This led to netmeeting only showing the local video and not the remote, at first I thought that I had a firewall problem and I went over it again and again and could not figure out the problem. If I connected via the secound logitech that was on my laptop via mandrake 9 everything worked perfectly. I then told GM to use small picture and wham netmeeting started to behave and show the remote video.

Tip#3 when setting up the ILS ndk kit for your own ILS server make sure you have LDAP listening on the right IP, when I setup the ndk on my gateway with two nic's I inevertly had it only listening on the local lan, so any outside connections could not connect. DUH!

Tip#4 want netmeeting to show up in your ILS directory, edit the ndk supplied perl script

find this section
# NetMeeting uses "%" for wildcarding, while the standard specifies "*"
       $filter =~ s/%/*/g;

-->
add the following to the file

      # Nermeeting only sees Netmeeting clients
       $filter=~s/sappid=ms-netmeeting/sappid=*/g;
-->

# NetMeeting has a bad habit of specifying "base" when it meant "sub"
       $scope = "sub";

       # Note whether all attributes (the '*' wildcard) were requested
       if (grep(/^\*$/, @attrs)) {
           $allattrs = 1;

I hope these tips help, if anyone wants to ask questions about my layout feel free... :-)

--

Will Merkens
Suite 1103, 505 - 4th Ave S.W.

Primary E-Mail: willm merkens ca