Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Another Gnomemeeting-Netmeeting problem -> Firewall problem!

Le mer 30/10/2002 à 09:28, Dean Tsou a écrit :
> Thanks for the reply Damien... yes, I did read that section in the FAQ,
> but what confuses me is the fact that I only have tcp ports 30000-30010
> open on the firewall, and no udp ports ("UDP ports between 5000 and 5003
> for audio and video" as indicated on the FAQ), yet I can transmit video
> to the outside world?? Now how does that work??

Opening the ports on the firewall is only for incoming connections.
Usually, in normal rules, you don't restrict the outgoing traffic, only
the incoming traffic. There is thus no restriction on outgoing video and
sound, but incoming video and sound won't work if the ports are not
allowed...