[GnomeMeeting-list] Another Gnomemeeting-Netmeeting problem

Hi All,

I've been trying to get my Gnomemeeting to work behind the firewalled gateway on my home network for ages! It is finally SORT OF working using the gnugk (openh323gk) . I am trying to call someone outside my home network who is using NetMeeting without a firewall/NAT. The result is that they can see me, but I can't see them (I have made sure that they are transmitting video). I believe my problem lies in the port configurations on my gatekeeper and firewall. I have tcp ports 30000-30010 open as well as 1720-1721 open... I don't have any udp ports open for it. Could that be the problem?

BTW, can someone explain to me what the use of tcp ports 30000-30010 and udp ports 5000-5003 are used for?? I am not clear on the H323 protocol and have done lots of searching on the web without much success. Have also read the FAQ but still don't know what ports are used for what. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dean