[GnomeMeeting-list] GM 0.94.1 and new website!
- From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
- To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
- Subject: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 0.94.1 and new website!
- Date: 24 Oct 2002 12:22:32 +0200
GnomeMeeting 0.94.1 is available in the downloads section. Here is a
list of the new features:
- NAT support has been improved. It is now enough to only forward ports
to the internal host, you don't need anymore to patch the kernel, or
install a gatekeeper or RSIP. The new technique is called IP
Translation. You can even have several GnomeMeeting running behind a
NAT/PAT gateway and listening on different ports, the callto URL is not
dependant of the ports, for example,
callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com will always work whatever
the port GnomeMeeting is listening on.
- ILS support has been improved and extended into XDAP support, you can
now define XML schemas defining how to register on servers, and thus
also support LDAP servers.
- ILS now displays a status icon, that way you will know if the person
who is displayed is available, or not (in a call/in do not disturb
mode). (That only works for people running 0.94)
- Improved ILS browser, you can now apply search filters.
- A new statistics window has been added, with a graphic displaying the
speed of the different data streams.
- A new call history window has been added.
- Support for the GPL Speex audio codec (better than GSM, less
bandwidth) has been added.
- The test image is now a moving GnomeMeeting logo. You can choose to
transmit your camera image, the moving GnomeMeeting logo, or any picture
in .jpg or .png file.
- You have now a new video mode that has been added during calls: the
possibility to see both remote and local video in resizeable separate
windows. The size of those windows is remembered between sessions, the
video mode that has been chosen is remembered too.
- It is now possible to do a bilinear interpolation on displayed
pictures to improve quality (quality is very good now, even when you are
- There is a new status icon in the panel even for Gnome 2 users (patch
to make it work under KDE will be ready for KDE 3.1)
- New icons from Jimmac!
- Improved Netmeeting compatibility.
- Improved disconnection messages.
- I guess I forgot things ;)
The screenshots and the FAQ have been updated.
Enjoy and don't hesitate to give positive or negative feedback about
_ Damien Sandras
(o- GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
//\ FOSDEM 2003: http://www.fosdem.org
H.323 phone: callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com
] [Thread Prev