Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting - Netmeeting

Le mar 22/10/2002 à 22:33, Luca T a écrit :
> > could you mail a bit more details on what your connection setup is?
> > modem/isdn/dsl/lan .. did the netmeeting person switch on video
> > transmission? are either of you firewalled or NAT-routed? what does
> > your connection history tell about the connection?
> > hope we can help you on with more info ;)
>
> DSL... shared with other 3 comps on my local LAN.
> The router redirects all the ports to this computer (so there should be
> no problems).

If you had read the FAQ, you would have seen that there are 3 solutions
for GnomeMeeting behind NAT, and in all cases, port forwarding is not
enough (except for the upcoming 0.94.1).

> I am not firewalled (not that i know of... i am pretty new at Linux...
> so everything is possible hehehe).
> All i know is that netmeeting works :(

If netmeeting works with your shared connection, it means that you have
a harware DSL router. If so, disable fast start and h245 tunneling in
GnomeMeeting as the FAQ tells it. Netmeeting doesn't support those
advanced features and thus most modems do not support it either.

--
  _
 (o-      SANDRAS Damien