Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] SuSE 8 & GnomeMeeting 0.94

Le dim 17/11/2002 à 15:20, David Dunster a écrit :
> Greetings All
>
> After finally getting it to install, I was able to connect with my Dad. I
> heard him, watched his 'choppy' video but was not able to communicate to
> him. My system has two sound cards. One is the motherboard sound system and
> the other is a SB Live. I tried both settings in the audio section but
> neither seemed to work with the microphone.

Did he install the MS-GSM codec on his windows? What tells the history?
Have you read the FAQ?

> Is there a 'test' sequence available for Gnomemeeting for audio and mic like
> there is in NetMeeting?

No, not yet...

> All I can say is that it took me about 4 weeks to find the solution to get
> my OfficeJet G55 to work with SuSE 8 and it took only about 2 days to get
> this far with GnomeMeeting.

That's far too much. 10 minutes is the maximum time that would be
required on a modern linux distribution. Moreover Suse is shipping with
ALSA, this is a very good point.