Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gm Behind firewall with GM NAT turned on registering local IP not GW IP

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le jeu 07/11/2002 à 16:05, Will Merkens a écrit :

could not a option be put in the menus that a user can say this is the
IP I want to have registered from this client

You can do already do that using the XDAP registering schema.
Just put your ip in it. I just don't find it very useful to register on
other ils than ils.seconix.com, all netmeeting clients will filter you
out of their listings because you are not using Netmeeting.

or

have the code check if the NAT option is on and if it is use that IP as
there registering IP.

I don't understand this.

           if (PIPSocket::Address (IP) != PIPSocket::Address ("0.0.0.0"))
             gconf_client_set_string (client, "/apps/gnomemeeting/general/public_ip", (const char *) IP, NULL);

we know the router information via the NAT box in the settings panel.

this code is reading the NAT from your xml located in /apps/gnomemeeting/general/%gconf.xml, in this file allready, since their is a checkbox associated with that option extend it's properties so that the logic of the registration proceess is

if <check box> && <NAT != 0.0.0.0> then set sipaddress to <NAT>

--

Will Merkens
Suite 1103, 505 - 4th Ave S.W.

Primary E-Mail: willm merkens ca