Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] bandwidth dying above 90?

I realize this gives me better quality which is why originally i set it to
100% but it was dropping off my connection ..flooding my network or
something because it became hard to get to sites.. so I began to ping
around and found that the data was somehow being corrupted .. I am not
sure how or by what exactly .. but I know it somehow revolves around GM
either using too much bandwidth or something also I do limit my Framerate
It is limited to 8 FPS. and I have tried all sorts of combinations of the
background blocks. currently those are set to 10 and seem to work ok as
they are now.. my upstream is fairly consistant I never had a problem
before as I have been using many different video chat tools such as
netmeeting in windows and eyeball chat and even some korean websites such
as www.seenjoy.co.kr that have video chat rooms where 10 people at a time
can be in the same room, so i doubt its an inconsistant upstream. the
round trip delay also increases from around 70ms to over 4000ms when set
higher than 90% and (earlier in the last email) i wasnt pinging the person
i was connected to i was pinging a machine on a campus with multiple T1
connections. the roundtrip delay on the server i was pinging also went
down to 4000ms round trip. maybe its a H.261 thing I dont know but it
didnt seem to do the same thing when I connected to another person using
GM it seemed to only do it when I was connected with a NM user. anyway
just some puzzling things to me.. maybe it seems more cut and try to the
rest of you guys.
--
Charlie Campbell