Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] bandwidth dying above 90?

Actually, setting the quality to 90% leads to a very good quality
picture that is why it requests more bandwidth. You can set teh
framerate to a lower value to spare some bandwidth.

I'm actually using 90% and 6 FPS on a 128kbps upstream, so I guess that
your upstream is not always of very good quality: you can check the
effective upload streams in the statusbar, just make the sum of the A
and V values that are on the left. That corresponds to the audio and
video upload speeds. Also notice that the "ping" is not always a very
good measure, you would better watch the Round Trip Delay in the GM
0.94.1 statistics part which is more accurate.

Netmeeting is not using 90% quality but something like 80 or less, but
they are using H.263 which is a bit better than H.261 but its use is
restricted.