Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: .94/SuSE 8.0/KDE

Thanks all. Results:

1) I was taking the URL too literally. The bits are actually under .... /update_for_8.0/base. Took two hours to install these and .94 now (not) working the same as .93 2) Very useful test suggested by Damien fails. I obviously have problems with sound I/O.Alsa installed. artsd stopped. CD player/KDE noises work fine, Damien's test & Yast2 test fail. Curious, but not for this forum. Need to learn more. (But if anyone has experience on SuSE 8.0/KDE/Toshiba Tecra 8000 ...!)

Thanks anyway

PostScript. General silly remark about software: I would like to able to build up a system to perform various functions by installing layers and run standard tests on each layer after it is installed to ensure it is working correctly. If something performs unexpectedly, I want to strip down the layers to find out in which software layer or interface the failure is. To get specific, could someone re-engineer the lower interfaces of Gnomemeeting as a set of tests to see whether/which the things it depends on in its environment are present and working. Just dreaming .... Thanks again.