[GnomeMeeting-list] Sound level setup - explanation?

Hi all,

I am at a loss about my sound settings. I have successfully got the
microphone to feed back into my own speaker, but gnomemeeting is still
recording dead silence from the microphone, and nothing is being played
from gnomemeeting.

I have attached a dump of my amixer settings - if there anything in
there that anyone can see is obviously wrong?

These are the modules currently loaded:

snd-mixer-oss          10880   0 (autoclean)
snd-pcm-oss            45076   1 (autoclean)
snd-powermac           33568   1 (autoclean)
snd-pcm                62912   0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss snd-powermac]
snd-timer              12928   0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm]
snd                    33500   0 (autoclean) [snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm-oss
snd-powermac snd-pcm snd-timer]
soundcore               4616   3 (autoclean) [snd]
ethertap                3372   1
appletalk              24068  12 (autoclean)
ipx                    21100   0 (autoclean)
md                     62092   0 (unused)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin sharp fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 15
  Mono: Capture [on]
  Front Left: Playback 11 [73%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 11 [73%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone Detection',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Line',0
  Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Mono
  Mono: Capture [on]
Simple mixer control 'CD',0
  Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Mono
  Mono: Capture [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
  Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Mono
  Mono: Capture [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Boost',0
  Capabilities: volume volume-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: 0 - 2
  Mono: 2 [100%]
Simple mixer control 'PC Speaker',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 15
  Front Left: Playback 4 [27%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 4 [27%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 15
  Front Left: Capture 6 [40%]
  Front Right: Capture 6 [40%]
Simple mixer control 'Auto Mute',0