[GnomeMeeting-list] Diagnostic tools for audio?

Hi all,

Are there any diagnostic tools available for Gnomemeeting to determine
whether audio is being picked up from the microphone, or being received
from the other side? Or alternatively, is there a way to generate an
audio test tone to see whether the two sides are communicating?

I have gnomeeting (on LinuxPPC) talking to netmeeting (Win2k). On the
netmeeting side, the VU meter picks up that the netmeeting microphone is
working. It also picks up total silence from gnomemeeting.

On the gnomemeeting side, I can hear nothing from the netmeeting side. I
can also see no evidence that sound is being picked up by the
gnomemeeting microphone. I have fiddled with levels in alsamixer, in
theory it should work, but it does not.

Can anyone suggest anything to get this thing to either record or
playback sound? XMMS works fine, so sound is working, just not through
gnomemeeting.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin sharp fm		"There's a moon