Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection Problem

Thanks for your info, however I feel I should have added something - its
not just over the LAN, but the same happens over the Internet also.

Exactly the same thing - I've opened the ports on our firewall - for the
UDP data transfer (5000+) and 1720 for the connection establishment, but
again it connects for a a second or so, but this time (probably due to
our Internet connection), it doesn't quite get time to send the first
pictures before cutting off.

I've also downloaded gnome-meeting, and recompiled it, and the same
happens.

It must be something I've done wrong, since its working for most other
people; but I can't put my finger on it..?

There is no firewall also.

> Here are a few tips :
> - check that you have the same effect in QCIF mode (Choose small as size for
> video)
> - check that you have no firewall rule on the Redhat (iptables -L)
> - currently, GnomeMeeting is sending MS-GSM to Netmeeting XP (I guess that
> either you installed it, either it is now provided in Netmeeting XP), but
> the Netmeeting is sending G.711. Try to configure the Netmeeting so that
> it sends MS-GSM too.

I did this - as much as net meeting allowed.

Again, here is the info when connecting to the Internet client:

18:46:14 :  Opening Video device
18:46:14 :  Successfully opened video device /dev/video0, channel 0

19:01:35 :  Call 1: calling 194.102.155.13
19:01:38 :  Started New Logical Channel...
19:01:38 :  Sending GSM-06.10{sw}
19:01:38 :  Enabled silence detection for GSM-06.10{sw}
19:01:38 :  Started New Logical Channel...
19:01:38 :  Sending H.261-QCIF
19:01:38 :  Fast start disabled
19:01:38 :  H.245 Tunnelling enabled
19:01:38 :  Connected with Endre [194.102.155.---] using
gnomemeeting	0.85.1	9:0:61
19:01:38 :  Started New Logical Channel...
19:01:38 :  Receiving H.261-QCIF
19:01:38 :  Requesting remote to send video quality: 75%
19:01:41 :  Request ok
19:01:41 :  Call completed
19:01:41 :  Opening Video device
19:01:41 :  Successfully opened video device /dev/video0, channel 0

<<I changed the IP, basically because I've not asked permission to post
his IP to a mailing list>>

Thanks again.
Scott.