[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Problems Connecting

> Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems Connecting
> From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
> Date: 30 Apr 2002 15:51:59 +0200

> Are you using some form of NAT or Firewall ?

I don't believe there are any as the two machines are on the same
sub-net/router, while I do get the information from the LDAP/Server I
would expect that the connection wouldn't be interfered with.

-Stephen

> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:57:00 +0200 (MEST)
> From: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>
> To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems Connecting

> You shouldn't need to use --nodeps on a Red Hat 7.2 system. The
> dependencies are there for a reason.

While you are probably correct in principle, the issue I ran into was
that I couldn't remove GConf 1.0.7 (or the earlier verison) in order to
install the newest version of GConf 1.0.8.  After several attempts I
was given the suggestion of using the --nodeps switch on the rpm
upgrade and that was able to get it installed.

I understand the reason for the dependencies but no one I spoke with
both here and on another list could come up with a different method of
installing the newest version of GConf and Gnomemeeting.

-Stephen

=====
Stephen's Email: Cphobes yahoo com
Belinda's Email: Belindamcg yahoo com