Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with gconf!

Le jeu 28/03/2002 à 10:54, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi, (sorry, i can neither read nor spell your name :-( )
>
> ÐË> So I downloaded the new i586 rpm of 0.85 but when I tried open
> ÐË> gnomemeeting it gave me an error.
> ÐË> "Your gconf doen't seem that has been configured correctly" something
> ÐË> like that.
>
> there was an answer to this question telling that if _all_ gnome packets were installed the problem would be solved.. (personally i don't consider this solving a problem, but at least it works then)
>
> Damien, it seems we have to get this gconf-error either more verbose or to just solve it with some kind of "i-do-set-the-right-permissions"-script =)

it is impossible for me to come with a better design than this one for
gconf. Im limited.

Things will be better in Gnome2 because Gconf will be properly setup on
all systems.

Galeon suffers the same problem, they have a good answer about the gconf
problem :
http://galeon.sourceforge.net/support/answers.php?faq=gconf

the simple trick is to try as root, if it works, then permissions are
wrong, simply do a "chmor -R 4755 /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults"

If it doesn't work, then the gnomemeeting schema is not installed.
Browse the ml to know how to install it ;)