Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf (the caveat of bleeding edge)

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 19:58, Guilhem Tardy wrote:

> > > ... but I agree the problem lies in libgconf-gtk-1.so, and
> > > as a matter of fact I did manage to compile GM 0.12.2 with the exact same (newest) pwlib and
> > > openh323 taken from the GM website.
> >
> > GM 0.12.2 doesn't use Gconf.
>
> That was exactly my point.

GConf is needed for Gnome2 applications, and to be able to use the new
"Instant Apply" approach easily.

> > > Does it sound suspicious to you that I had to...
> > >   cp /opt/gnome/include/gconf/1/gconf/* /opt/gnome/include/gconf
> > > ?
> >
> > Yes, I think it means you used wrong prefix to compile it.
>
> My latest configuration is:
>
> ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/gnome --prefix=/opt/gnome --datadir=/opt/gnome/share
> --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gnome=/opt/gnome --with-gnome-libs=/opt/gnome/lib --with-ldap=/usr
> --with-ptlib-includes=$PWLIBDIR/include/ptlib --with-ptlib-libs=$PWLIBDIR/lib
> --with-openh323-includes=$OPENH323DIR/include --with-openh323-libs=$OPENH323DIR/lib

That is ok, but I think that the prefix for Gconf was not correct!

> Do you have a suggestion regarding the includes in opt/gnome/include/gconf/1/gconf/ ?

Why install in a separate prefix? Your installation is very complex
(mixed libs in different places) and that can only lead to problems.

> > Moreover, if you have libs in /opt/gnome/lib, that path should be added
> > to /etc/ld.so.conf or to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Yes, that was done in the former way, and with the use of ldconfig. I doubt the problem is a lack
> of library, but instead what you suggest below:
>
> > What happens is that it is using conflicting libs I think.
>
> Would you know what type of conflict I should look for? Is there any way to test libraries?

Duplicates between what /opt/gnome/lib libraries need and what is
provided in /usr/lib/. Try to prevent duplicates between those 2
directories.