[GnomeMeeting-list] entry level problem?

hi

I suspected my problems was the ordinary kind, but I don't find the solution in
the archives.

I have just installed gnomemeeting (v. 0.84-1 and openh323 v. 1.8.0) on two
computers. Both of them are running MAndrake 8.1 and icewm 1.0.9.
The first is my laptop (cs4232 audio driver). Sound works fine, xmms does mp3s
and the microphone works too.
The second is using a sb16 card, and after browsing the FAQ a little I decided
to install alsa on it. I now have sound and microphone working.
A question: should I use the /dev/mixer and the other oss sound devices, or
should I specify one of the alsa devices?

pb I: I may connect and accept incoming calls, but I get no sound (even
when both are using the same codec) - I can hear the microphones are working but
sound is not transmitted.

pb II: On the second computer, gnomemeeting does not stop the connection
but stalls at "stopping current call".

pb III: Having installed the gsm on a MS windows netmeeting, I don't suceed in
getting any sound. I have noticed that I connect using G.711 which isn't
reported as installed in netmeeting.

I suppose thats it for now. Does anyone have any comments?
mo
E-Mail: morten <mobo mobo dk>
Date: 17-Mar-2002
Time: 22:50:32