Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RE: ...do I need to rebuild the kernel?

I don't know if rebuilding the kernel will help. I do not own your
webcam. You should start with google to know how to make it work and
find other users.

Hi,

I got my webcam working a little while ago. The driver I used was from http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net. I'm also using RH 7.2 and I did have to perform a kernel recompile. I'm not positive, but it seems as though the driver will not work when the kernel is compiled with multiprocessor support, which defaults on in the rh supplied kernel. Go figure. I used 2.4.9-21. Make sure you've got the same header rpm, compile the kernel, compile the driver, and it should work. My arrangement seems pretty stable now.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Todd