[GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problems

I want to add my problem to the sound discussion.

I have Logitech 3000 Pro camera with Philips drivers,
use gnomemeeting 0.84.0, and was trying all oss, alsa-0.5.12 and
0.9 drivers.   Sound Hardware is C-Media PCI CMI8738 built in
chip on Asus motherboard. Microphone is one on the camera
(checked, works for recording).

I try to connect with my friend running Netmeeting on his laptop.
Both of us are on office T3 lines
Video works fine, however sound does not. Namely
I have the following experiences

1) At first, I was using OSS drivers.  On the connection
G.711-uLaw-64k was negotiated.  My friend could hear me,
but I was hearing only cracking sounds.

2) O'K, I thought, it is duplex problem, I'll use ALSA
(does my chip supports duplex at all, what should this
 "cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp" test produce ?).
So I tried ALSA 0.5.12a and 0.9.12.  In the meantime
my friend moved from Toronto to Paris, but with the
same laptop.   Now with ALSA, we could not get any
legible sound in any direction (I however did hear
pieces of his words).

3) With him in France I tried to restore OSS driver
to get at least one directional sound, but now it did not
work !

4) My friend seemed to have MS-GSM module, but we could not make
a connection to use it (I tried to disable everything but this
module). Maybe it was not exactly the module
needed ...

I'd like to find out how could I check if Full duplex works with
my card, and what else I should be thinking about.

        Thanks in advance, Dmitri