Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] compiling on Alpha linux (RH 6.1)?

Usually the generated config.log has more information about the failed tests.

José Fonseca

On 2002.03.09 11:57 Damien Sandras wrote:

Hi,

I don't have access to the gnomemeeting code from here but as nobody else

answers to your request, I'll try to answer.
Check configure.in, and you will see that the check only checks for ssl.h
iirc.
Try to see why it doesn't find it. I can't help more from here.
You can go on irc.gnome.org, channel gnomemeeting and perhaps that
somebody will help you.

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 08:00:17PM -0700, Rajiv Prasad wrote:

> [...]
> checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
> checking for PTLib includes...
> checking for pstring.h... yes
> checking for /home/rajiv/software/srcs/pwlib/lib/libpt.so... yes
> checking for OpenH323 includes...
> checking for h225.h... yes
> checking for /home/rajiv/software/srcs/openh323/lib/libopenh323.so...
> yes
> checking for telephony.h... no
> checking for OpenSSL includes...
> checking for ssl.h... no
> configure: error: You need OpenSSL's header files to build GnomeMeeting
>
> Appreciate any help.
>
> Rajiv
>
> > Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] compiling on Alpha linux (RH 6.1)?
> > From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> > To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
> > Date: 08 Mar 2002 09:18:45 +0100
> >
> > Checkout the "configure.in" thing, there is a test for the OS in it.
> > Just modify it (currently it is linux, linux-gnu or freebsd); run
> > autoconf, rm config.cache, begin configure again, and send me the
patch
> > :)
> >
> > It should work, but I think that next release will be more robust on
> > such an architecture. Release should happen on tuesday next week.
> >
> > le ven 08-03-2002 =E0 08:25, Rajiv Prasad a =E9crit :
> > > Hi guys:
> > >=20
> > > I am trying to compile GnomeMeeting 0.84.0 on an RH 6.1 distro
running
> > > on an Alpha PC164SX.  pwlib and openH323 are already compiled, and
> > > could also compile ohphone (which seems to work).  openldap library
is
> > > also installed.  I'm obviously looking for a graphical interface,
and
> > > GnomeMeeting seems perfect.
> > >=20
> > > To the problems now: ./configure fails with the following message:
> > >=20
> > > checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
> > > checking for ANSI C header files... yes
> > > configure: error: Only Linux and FreeBSD are supported. Please
contact
> > > the author
> > >=20
> > > I can provide more information about my library versions etc., but
do
> > > not know exactly what to report right now, so please ask if I have
not
> > > provided enough information.  Any solution short of asking Damien
and
> > > other authors for major code changes?
> > >=20
> > > TIA.
> > >=20
> > > Rajiv
> > >=20
> > --=20
> >  _      Damien Sandras
> > (o-     GnomeMeeting - H.323 Video-Conferencing application -
> > //\             web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
> > v_/_    FOSDEM 2002  - Free Software and Open Source Developers
Meeting -
> >                 web:  http://www.fosdem.org/

 _	Damien Sandras