[GnomeMeeting-list] compiling on Alpha linux (RH 6.1)?

Hi guys:

I am trying to compile GnomeMeeting 0.84.0 on an RH 6.1 distro running
on an Alpha PC164SX.  pwlib and openH323 are already compiled, and I
could also compile ohphone (which seems to work).  openldap library is
also installed.  I'm obviously looking for a graphical interface, and
GnomeMeeting seems perfect.

To the problems now: ./configure fails with the following message:

checking for ANSI C header files... yes
configure: error: Only Linux and FreeBSD are supported. Please contact
the author

I can provide more information about my library versions etc., but do
not know exactly what to report right now, so please ask if I have not
provided enough information.  Any solution short of asking Damien and
other authors for major code changes?

TIA.

Rajiv