Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnome panel icon

le lun 04-03-2002 à 02:49, José Fonseca a écrit :

> I've downloaded the new Gnomemeeting 0.84, but the gnome panel icon
> appears in a floating & resizeable window named
> "gnomemeeting_status_plugin" instead of the gnome panel.

The applet has been replaced by a docklet for KDE compatibility.
Right-click on your panel -> panel -> Add to panel -> Status Dock

And it will work :)

> I must confess that this problem first appeared in the previous release,
> but at that time I was having several others troubles making connections,
> most of them unrelated to gnomemeeting itself, so I just assumed that it
> was an obvious regression bug that would be fixed on the next release. Now
> is clear that something must be wrong with between gnomemeeting and my
> system for causing this. Any ideas?
>

> Now, just a small suggestion unrelated to this: when the control panel is
> not shown, the respective items in the View menu should be disabled (or
> alternatively, they should show the control panel automatically when
> clicked), otherwise they are a little confusing. I felt this when I was
> checking the new version GUI and was trying to access the settings, but
> choosing "Settings" on the view menu had no effect...

You are right, I'll change this. I think that the best thing is to show
the control panel if a section of it is chosen and it is not visible.
Good suggestion!

> I wouldn't want to send an email just complaining about gnomemeeting. That
> would give the opposite impression of my opinion about it: gnomemeeting is
> a great app, and this new version makes it even better!

Thanks a lot :)