Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Making GM work with a firewall / NAT gateway.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:51:33PM -0500, David wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2002, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > 2) Three ways to use GnomeMeeting behind a NAT/PAT gateway
> >
> > a) The GNU Gatekeeper configured as a proxy
> >
> > The GNU Gatekeeper is available at:
> > http://www.willamowius.de/h323develop.html
> >
> > Their mailing list for help is available at:
> > http://www.willamowius.de/openh323gk.html
> >

> Can this work in conjunction with iptables?  I use that for my
> firewall/NAT, and I would prefer not to have to go through the process of
> reconfiguring another program.  Thanks!

Yes, but those are 2 different things. The proxy is a program trough which
you make the packets pass. But of course you can setup firewall rules
with iptables. You can even force the ports used by the gatekeeper.
However, for Netmeeting that tries to call you the problem remains the same,
you don't know the ports that Netmeeting will use when contacting the proxy,
so you have to forget about it...

Damien