Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] compiling gnomemeeting 0.93.0 for powerpc

Quoting marshal h9 dion ne jp (marshal h9 dion ne jp):

> Since there are no powerpc debs, and the debian maintainers have been
> slow to get 0.93.0 onto the mirrors, and I need to try out 0.93.0 to
> see if things work properly for debian, I've decided to try to roll my
> own debs.

Uhm. Hi, I package GnomeMeeting, for Debian GNU/Linux?

You say 'the maintainer has been slow to get 0.93.0 onto the mirrors' ?
I think you mean that your local ftp.debian.org mirror was slow in
sync'ing the new Debian packages and staying up to date, since I
uploaded 0.93.0 to Debian earlier than Damien released it on his
website!!

Indeed.
There are no PowerPC debs, you are right. After I upload a new package
version, the autobuilders from the Debian Build System take my i386
package and try to create a (amongst others) PowerPC version from it.
If you take a look at why 0.93.0 isn't available for anything else than
i386 at http://buildd.debian.org/, you should find that:

| Errors were encountered while processing:
|  libbonobo2-0
| E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
| apt-get failed.
| Package installation failed

Which basicly means that building GnomeMeeting failed because
libbonobo2-0 wasn't installable, and that IS a build-dependency.

Furthermore ...

> main_window.cpp:1266: implicit declaration of function `int
> bind_textdomain_codeset(...)'
> Anyone know which library bind_textdomain_codeset would be in?

There's a few problems. I might have forgotten a build-dependency, but I
would not know which one, and there seems to be difficulties building
GnomeMeeting with gcc3.

http://bugs.debian.org/153317 f.e. shows your buildfailure too, but
also introduces something gcc3 specific afaict.

> Also, if the builders of the i386 deb could send me their .diffs,
> I would appreciate it.

FTP to ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gnomemeeting.
The file 'gnomemeeting_0.93.0-1.diff.gz' is the i386 diff that should
be 'patched' against gnomemeeting_0.93.0.orig.tar.gz.

Regards,
Sander.