Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and XP Messenger.

Carl-Johan Kjellander wrote:

I've been using gnomemeeting for quite some time to connect to people
at work using netmeeting on Win2k and it's been working great.

But now there is a standing order that all machines at work should be
"upgraded" to WinXP. NetMeeting has been replaced by XP Messenger in WinXP
and I have tried but not succeeded to get gnomemeeting and messenger to
connect.

Looking at this page, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/301update.asp we can se that one of the "features" of Netmeeting-3.01SP1 is that they have REMOVED the ILS support and now you have to use Messenger to connect somehow.

So my question is:

Can you vet Messenger to just call directly to an IP using H323?

And can you connect directly with gnomemeeting to XP Messenger?

/cjk

Sorry, can't help you out with Messenger, but NetMeeting is installed on XP. It is not on the start
menu, though. If you do a find on 'conf.exe' you should find it.