[GnomeMeeting-list] Microphone volume is very low

Hello!
This is something that I have already asked here on this mailing list,
and I'm aware that it is a little somewhat peripheral to GnomeMeeting.
But since I have found no answer to the problem yet (for example
no answer to my post on the alsa-user mailing list), I'd like to
try again and see if someone here knows what to do.
Nor have I found anything in the asls FAQ or how-to's.

Here's the issue...
All my audio works fine except for the microphone.
I can manage to get some sound from it,
but it is very low compared to other mixer channels.

When I run gmix, I can see that the microphone volume is set to ~0.
So I change it, and I also check "mute".
It is already marked as "recording".
But then when I close gmix and open it again right after,
the volume has gone back to the previous 0, and "mute" is unchecked again.
This shouldn't have anything to do with the gmix setting about "restore
settings at startup", because I have that option set to "false".

I've been told by Damien that there should be a file /etc/asound.conf in
which you could configure this. But I can't find it in that path,
in fact I can't find a file called that anywhere on my system.
I run Red Hat Linux 7.3 and alsa-driver 0.9.0-rc2.
My mainboard is VIA K7T266-Pro2 with AC97 sound.
Any help appredciated.

/Andy

Get your own free email account from
http://www.popmail.com