Re: [Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf ??? whats up]

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jonathan A. Davis wrote:

> I'm going to suspend VMware and restart my desktop (after making sure all
> user-level processes are terminated) and see if that helps.  Unless you
> get another message from me in the next few minutes, assume that it didn't
> help.  :-\

Okay.  This gets stranger:

AFter restarting my desktop, I tried again (same error), so I tried
running gconftool --install-schema-file and shutdown again, and (as root)
received a pile of

WARNING: failed to install schema
`/schemas/apps/gnomemeeting/view/start_docked' locale `C': Failed:
 Failed:
 Failed to create file `/home/davis/.gconf/schemas/3.96106conf.xml':
Permission denied

messages....  So I chown -R'd my $HOME/.gconf tree and retried
--install-schema-file and shutdown as first root, then user (got "normal"
messages for both)

and.... (drumroll please)

Now GM works (I'm talking to Susan at our Jackson MS site right now.  :-)

--

-Jonathan <davis jdhouse org>