Re: [Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf ??? whats up]

On 27 Feb 2002, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Can you try to run as root :
> gconftool --install-schema-file /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting.schema
> gconftool --shutdown
>
> Then start GM as root and as a normal user and tell us if it works?

Doing a "gconftool --install-schema-file /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting.schema"
returned a pile of messages like:

Attached schema `/schemas/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/video_recorder' to key
`/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/video_recorder'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/video_recorder' for
locale `C'

"gconftool --shutdown" returned no messages (as expected)

Launching GM either as root or a user returns the same gconf settings and
permissions errors as earlier.

I'm going to suspend VMware and restart my desktop (after making sure all
user-level processes are terminated) and see if that helps.  Unless you
get another message from me in the next few minutes, assume that it didn't
help.  :-\

Thanks,

--

-Jonathan <davis jdhouse org>