[GnomeMeeting-list] cpia webcam won't start with gnomemeeting alone

Hi!

I just recently found an old creative parrallel port webcam in my cupboard
and would like to use it with gnomemeeting.
it uses the cpia_pp driver and works alright with xawtv.
but when I start gnomemeeting it tells me that:

Error while opening /dev/video0, channel 0.
a test image will be transmitted.
Your driver doesn't support the YUV420P format.

but when I run xawtv before gnomemeeting it works fine.
this is quite inconvenient, because I would like to autostart gnomemeeting on
login, so I can answer to incoming calls.
can I (or anyone else here) do something about that?

thanks

Felix