slow capturing (Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Firewire camera)

(This is a resent message from subscription address of the list.)

Thanks for your reply.

From: Damien Sandras <sandras info ucl ac be>
> thanks for your work.
> Are there any changes to apply to gnomemeeting itself ?

No. It's essentially a matter of PWlib only.

Regarding on this matter, I found that video capturing of
GnomeMeeting is slower than ohphone when a FireWire webcam is
used. Ohphone can capture CIF images at 15 fps, while GM seems able to
capture only at 6 fps when H323 connection is not made.

After connection is made, ohphone captures images at 9 fps while GM
does at 3.6 fps when I keep still. If I move frequently, the frame
rates of both programs decrease.

This is not a problem when a USB webcam is used, because a USB webcam
can usually capture images at most 5-10 fps. But the same problem may
arise when a PCI-based highspeed capture card is used and network
connection is fast.

Does anyone observe this problem? I am not sure what is the cause of the
problem. I want to investigate it when my workload becomes low.

Best regards,

Ryutaroh