[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: gnomemeeting

le lun 04-02-2002 à 08:00, Arnulf Quadt a écrit :

> Dear Damien,
>
>   in order to carry out elementary particle physics research with
> experiment locations in the US, and several places in Europe we
> need videoconferencing tools for our group. I am EXTREMELY pleased
> to see that gnomemeeting is exactly the tools I am looking for,
> since Linux is our platform.
>
> I have 2 questions:
> - On your download page there are several Linux distributions
>   specified. We are using SUSE (7.3). Which version are we
>   supposed to use ?

The best would be to compile, but there are unofficial Suse 7.3 RPMS on
:

http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/gnomemeeting.html

They are not official, and I don't know if they work or not.
Notice that GnomeMeeting should be included in Suse 7.3 Professional
Edition.

> - We have Logitech QuickCam web camers. Can we use these ?
>   How do we need to setup the devices, i.e. install them
>   on /dev/video ?

You have to load the corresponding kernel modules for your webcam. I
think that many users had problems with some quickcam cameras and
GnomeMeeting. But im not sure which models.

> Thanks a lot for your help !
>
> Best regards,
>
>   Arnulf

> Arnulf Quadt                  Email: Quadt physik uni-bonn de
> Physikalisches Institut der                         Tel.      Fax
> Universitaet Bonn             in Bonn: ++49-228-73  2648      3220
> Nussallee 12                  at CERN: ++41-22-767  2952/8123 9330
> D-53115 Bonn                  at FNAL: 001-630-840  5440      8481

 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
		web:  http://www.fosdem.org/