Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I want my users advice

le ven 01-02-2002 à 09:46, Roger Hardiman a écrit :
> Hi damien
>
> Two quick questions
> 1) the linux librarys for pwlib and openh323 are called
> libpt_linux_x86.so and
> libh323_linux_x86.so
>
> Do any of the linux distributions rename these
> to libpt.so and libopenh323.so  ?
>
> I see in the GM FAQ you tell us to put in these symbolic links
> from the short name (libpt.so) to the full name.
> But do the distros (RedHat, Debian, SuSE) etc do this rename too
That is normal, the gnomemeeting source is made to compile with the
original sources of OpenH323 and with the packages of OpenH323.
There was a discussion between the main distribution packagers and me
(Redhat, Mandrake, Debian, Slack) and it was decided to use libpt.so and
libopenh323.so so that the same source package can be rebuilt
independantly of the platform. (That is not the case with the _x86_ in
the name)

> 2) In the GM 0.12.2 FAQ it tells me to add a symbolic link
> from libh323_linux_x86.so.version to liboh323.so
> But the autoconf script looks for libopenh323.so

Yes, the FAQ has not been updated after the decision to use
libopenh323.so, it is recent. Can you update that Rafaël ?