[GnomeMeeting-list] Tinny Audio with Gnomemeeting 0.12 .2 on Suse 8.0

I am using the  Gnomemeeting 0.12.2  that came with my Suse 8.0  Here are a
few problems that I am having with it while commnucating with others who are
using Netmeeting and GnomeMeeting:

(1)  While the recipients of my audio often report that the sound I am sending
is excellent,  they just as frequently report that it is so tinny (not tiny)
as to be unintelligible.  Moreover while the sound transmission can begin
with excellent quality, it can flip to the tinny sound after a few minutes.
It never flips from tinny to good. The  quality of the sound that I receive
is always good.

(2) The headphone and microphone sound controls on my GnomeMeeting do not work
(have no effect whatsoever.)

(3)  The sound volume controls on  my mixers have no effect with gnomemeeting
although they do work  with all other programs except ohphone. Howvever the
mixers do successfully turn my audio transmit on and off.

Problems (1)-(3) also apply to ohphone.

A more minor problem is this:

(4) The  ringing alert for incoming calls does not work while I am running
GnomeMeeting in KDE but it does while I am runing it in Gnome.

Any help that you might have for me wouldbe greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Andrew Carson.