Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] question about gnomemeeting and quicknet cards

Le lun 30/12/2002 à 10:37, Gregory Hosler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I read the FAQ, and didn't see an answer to this, so here goes.
>
> If one party in a gnomemeeting is using a quicknet card for G.723.1 or G.729
> compression, must the recipient also be using a quicknet card for decompression
> ? (or can gnomemeeting handle the decompression, just not the compression ?)

The remote party has to be using a Quicknet card too if you want to use
one of those patented codecs. If the remote party is using Netmeeting,
then the G.723.1 codec is available.

Notice that Quicknet cards have other advantages than the support for
G.723.1 and that they can also use the software codecs like Speex or GSM
provided with GnomeMeeting.

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>