[GnomeMeeting-list] GConf-Error when starting gnomemeeting

Hi, where is my helping hand ...?

I just installed gnomemeeting on a rh8.0-box (2.4.18-19.8.0) by a rpm-file
and started it in root-mode. everything works fine, but when i try to
start it as a "normal" user , the following errormessage occurs:

GnomeMeeting wurde 0 als GConf-Schlüssel
»/apps/gnomemeeting/gconf_test_age«
zurückgeliefert, es wurde jedoch 12 erwartet.

... puh, okay, i will try ...

Gnomemeeting got a 0 as the value of the GConf-Key
»/apps/gnomemeeting/gconf_test_age« but expected a 12 ...

In the FAQ, the projectteam says:

7.11. I have GConf errors when I start GnomeMeeting, what can I do?
The first thing to do is to try to change the permissions with:
$ chmod -R 4755 /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/
$ killall -9 gconfd-2
 If it doesn't work, either GConf is not properly setup on your system,
either you don't have compiled GnomeMeeting with the right GConf flags.
Not all distributions install GConf settings in /etc/gconf, but
gconftool-2 --get-default-source should always give you the place where
default GConf settings are installed.

When starting, GnomeMeeting will test the value for a given key, and
compares it to what it expected to receive. If what he receives doesn't
match whith what he expected, then there is a problem. That key is
"/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age", and gconftool-2 --get
"/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age" should always return a
value different of 0.

But, unfortunatly, that does not help me at all ..

Any ideas ???

Thankx a lot, Andi