Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Registering as ms-netmeeting client

Le dim 15/12/2002 à 19:13, Truong a écrit :
> % *** Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote: ***
> % Le dim 15/12/2002 à 13:31, Will Lehman a écrit :
> % > I'd like to configure gnomemeeting to register to a particular ils or ldap
> % > server as a ms-netmeeting client rather than as gnomemeeting.
>
> Just a curious question: could you give me a reason of your choice of
> the name 'ms-meeting' instead of 'gnomemeeting', pls ?

When netmeeting connects to an ils server, it always search and list
other netmeeting clients. Hence all netmeeting users don't know about
non-netmeeting users. Only ils.seconix.com has been patched to forget
that particular (and antipathic) search key. Hence it could make sense
to appear as a netmeeting on other servers.

Snark on #gnomemeeting