Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] setting Quicknet PHONEJACK-PCI device

% *** Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote: ***

% > So,
% >   - is it normal that, in the section "Audio Devices",
% >
% >        Audio Player is still pointed to /dev/dsp , and
% >      Audio Recorder is still pointed to /dev/dsp
%
% Yes, a Quicknet device is something different. Audio Player and Audio
% Recorder are Soundcard related.
%
% >
% >   - another question, where should I define the codec G.723.1 which is
% >     used for the Quicknet card ? If it's in the codecs sections, I don't
% >     find it. I know that all codecs are built directly onto the
% >     Quicknet card.
%
% It is automatic, when you are using a Quicknet card, the code G.723.1 is
% implicitely chosen.
%

Ok, no need to configure the codecs for Quicknet cards.

As in a mail on the list relied to subject concerning the codecs for
Quicknet, you said about G.723.1 choosen for Quicknet card. I thought I
should define it somewhere from the GM menu. That was why my questions
in the last mail.

Thanks again,

Truong

--