Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem under FreeBSD 4.7

Le jeu 05/12/2002 à 16:23, LEZIN Lo a écrit :

> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> But in fact it's very strange :
>
> cat /dev/sndstat gives me :
>
> pcm0: <VIA VT82C686A> at io 0xdc00 irq 11 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)
>
> So can i think that this means that sound card is full duplex ?

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the driver is full-duplex.

> I don't know how to test record and listen a the same time :-( How can i
> test it ?

First try to record with rec -d /dev/dsp myfile.wav
of course, change /dev/dsp to your device.

Then, something like cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp should echo everything of
what you say.

> In fact i  tested it with 'dd' but the sound had a low level and was
> absolutely disgusting.

That is bad news. Under Linux, ALSA users have a switch to enable the
Mic Boost and have a better recording volume. I don't know if ALSA
exists for FreeBSD but I doubt so.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org